Product Description
Single 8" Amplified Bandpass, Illuminite, 160 Watts-Illuminite cool blue illumination- 2" Kapton 4 layer voice coil- Stamped steel frame with chromed backplate- DVC - Dual 2-ohm voice coil- Heavy duty 30oz. magnet- Full view plexiglass window- ATCS - Advanced Temperature Control System- Low level inputs (RCA)- High level inputs (Speaker)
| List Price: | $159.99 |
| Price: |
$119.50 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details |
| as of Mon, 04 Mar 2013 01:42:13 GMT ***Remember, deals price on this item for sale just for limited time*** | |
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #9720 in Car Audio or Theater
- Color: black
- Brand: Dual
- Model: SBP8A
- Format: CD-ROM
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.22" h x 15.35" w x 15.35" l, 21.80 pounds
Features
- Watts - RMS 80 Watts
- Watts - Peak 160 Watts
- Input Sensitivity (RCA) 50mV - 3V
- Frequency Response 20-200Hz
- Impedance 4 Ohms
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
12 of 12 people found the following review helpful.GREAT SUB FOR THE PRICE!!!!!
By scruffymurph
Bought this after my first system was stolen.. i had a JL 12" with a great JL amp to go along with it... it sounded great, but i did keep it relatively low volume.. Im not a fan of overwhelming bass, and this sub delivers plenty of bass (as much as you could reasonably want) in a closed cab. i dont think itd be good for a trunk but in my suv it accompanys my stereo perfectly!! the built in amp is great i literally just plugged in the existing cables from my old system and it worked immediately and it was very easy to tweak to get the right level of bass response i wanted!
I highly recommend this sub for anyone looking for a small system with a built in amp that wants little to lots of clear bass.. i love this little system sounds great so far!!!
i would NOT recommend this for anyone still trying to be a "High School Hero" a impress the surrounding block with ridiculously loud bass or anyone who just wants to hear the sub and no music.... basically this is for anyone looking to add the low end to your stereo to give a full rich sound.. it sounds great and clean
PS - i love the blue LED lights it looks awesome in my cargo area, and looks even better at night!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!!!
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.Dual 8" Sub Works
By Pat
I was looking for something that would work without a separate amp and also provided a little more bump than my Bazooka tube. I connected this to a Pioneer DEH-P7200HD radio and Rockford Fosgate 6.5 and 6x9 speakers. No external amps.
I was skeptical about something this small giving what I was looking for but for the price I thought I'd give it a run. Besides, it's Amazon. I could return it. I swapped this out with the Bazooka tube, started the car, threw in a Tom Petty greatest hits CD and gave it a run. I was shocked. This carried a nice tight bass with minimal installation headache and very small tuning. This sits nicely in the back corner of the trunk of my 2010 Altima. It fills the car with nice full bass both at low and high levels. I have tested this with every kind of genre of music from Metallica to Enya to Dr. Dre to Andrea Bocelli. It all sounds nice.
I am not one to normally write a review but hope that someone else who is looking for something similar can find this helpful. If you think about a simple sub set-up, you're looking at anywhere from $150-200 plus after the amp, sub, box and power kit. This was $127 and sounds just as good for me as a father of 2 just looking for some full tunes while driving to work.
Nice job Dual. Next time though, skip the blue lights. Not really needed.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.Completely Satisfied and pleasantly surprised
By Eusmlle1
After my Infinity Basslink subwoofer's amplifier crapped out after 3 years, I decided that a replacement was required. My vehicle is a 1993 Volvo 940 Turbo with 257K miles and I decided that investing a lot of money was not justifiable, but at the same time, I really missed the bottom end that only a subwoofer could provide. I also wanted a powered unit so I wouldn't have to fiddle with the additional wiring and cost of an amplifier. Replacing the Infinity with the Dual unit was a quick plug-n-play since the wiring was already in place. The subwoofer is used with a Kenwood head unit that has subwoofer control. I have only had the unit installed for 2 weeks so I cannot comment on the long term quality of the unit, but I can review what I have experienced so far.
The unit appears to be very well made. The box has excellent fit and finish and the felt cover and embroidery look first rate. It is an attractive unit that does not look at all like a low cost piece. The plexiglass display cover is solid and fits very well. There is nice chrome plating, on the speaker's hardware and the mirror and lighting is all well done. As for sound, I am completely satisfied. It delivered what I expected. Clean distortion-free base that fills out music and adds richness to everything you hear. Powerful enough to make the rear window vibrate noticeably, when cranked. At the same time this is no powerhouse that shakes the car or "bumps" outside of the car loud enough to annoy your neighbors or nearby cars. At the unit's price point, if it lasts 2-3 years, it will have been money well spent. Exactly what I expected sound and performancewise, but exceeded expectations for appearance, fit and finish.
No comments:
Post a Comment